Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ronald E Stephans Jr
Dr. Ronald E Stephans Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lutz, FL. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Stephans is affiliated with St Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa. Dr. Stephans has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ronald E Stephans Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Ronald E Stephans Jr has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Ronald E Stephans Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ronald E Stephans Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
My first and last visit with this so called Doctor, I went for my physical ,he ask me' what concerns I had about my health, when I told him about pms problems he wanted to put me' on Prozac ??? Then I ask him some concerns about my problem with allergies he had no advise. Or recomendations told me' I need to see a allergist doctor, I ask about my joints hurting same thing reffered me' to a reumatologyst to make it worse I describe how I been getting some sores on my scalp, probably due to stress he dint even check them gave another refferal to a dermatology doctor he said he don't know. What I had???? Zero recomendations on any of my symptoms. I will however call my INS today and make a complaint
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Stephans is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Oakwood Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Ronald E Stephans Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBaycare Medical Group, 4211 Van Dyke Rd Ste 100, Lutz, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ronald E Stephans Jr in this video.
Dr. Ronald E Stephans Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lutz, FL.