Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ronald A Turck Jr has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
Dr. Turck down to earth, makes you feel so at ease, spends ALOT of time with you, listens to you closely and very sympathetic to how you are feeling and very eager to help you. I wish he could be my doctor for everything! Honestly I am telling you the truth, I am from NY and in NY have never met a more compassionate doctor; moved here four years ago and still made my rounds to doctors, he is #1!! He's extremely knowledgeable and very in-tuned. Thank you Dr. Turck, you are my blessing.
This doctor chalked up my symptoms to some kind of female hysteria when he was unable to figure out what was causing them. It didn't take long for a more qualified neurologist to figure it out and diagnose me with a serious neurological disorder. This doctor rushes through and if he can't figure it out right away, blames the patient. I would never recommend him based on his lack of diagnostic skills.
Though it was easy to get an appointment with Dr. Turck, I soon found out why. I'm not insulting the guy's intelligence. He seems to know his stuff. However, my biggest pet peeve with him is that he rushes me out the door without taking the time to explain whats going on with me or how the medicine he's prescribing to me are suppose to act. I am already looking into finding a new neurologist to go to.
17 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Suny Stony Brook University Hospital & Medical Center
Dr. Ronald A Turck Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRonald Albert Turck Jr Md, 8045 Spyglass Hill Rd Ste 102, Melbourne, FL
Dr. Ronald A Turck Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Melbourne, FL.