Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ronald Wheeler has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Ronald Wheeler has the following 1 expertise
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
Dr. Ronald Wheeler has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 35
Dr. Wheeler took care of my cancer in 2011. I have had no problems since. PSA .105. My local Indiana oncologist told me if he worked on me I might have problems with incontinence and impotence. using his methods. I have a friend that got the da-vinci done and had to get his bladder sown up plus he has to have a diaper. I said no thanks. I highly recommend looking at the HIFU method
I had HIFU in 2011. My quality of life increased 100 times. I would definitely have this life saving procedure again. Five years later (2016,) and I have zero side effects. I have the utmost praise for Dr. Wheeler and HIFU. Thank you Dr. Wheeler for saving my live, and giving me hope for quality of life.
I was a patient of Dr. Wheelers from 2002 thru 2009. My wife and I were very pleased with him and his help with my cancer. We did the the "watchful waiting" until we both know it was time for something more aggressive. A true professional in our opinion. We felt the MRIs were valuable to my treatment.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
34 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1979
University Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsRonald E Wheeler MD, 1819 Main St, Sarasota, FL
Dr. Ronald Wheeler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.