Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ronald Y Barnett
Dr. Ronald Y Barnett, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Clair Shores, MI. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Barnett is affiliated with St John Macomb-Oakland Hospital-Oakland Campus and St John Macomb Oakland Hospital - Macomb Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Ronald Y Barnett has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Urinary Incontinence
- Long-Term Care
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Preventive Medicine
- EOL Care
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
Showing 5 of 30
I'd give him no star if possible. Didn't have a care in the world to what I had say. In fact told me PPD was a made up thing. Made me take a test stating it was mandatory and come to find out, it's not. Told the dr I did medical billing and looked up the mandatory of the test to find it was not and he stated that basically I didn't know what I was doing. Offic states my insurance will cover the test 100%. Can't wait to find out. not be returning to see him.
Dr. Barnett was very rude, condescending and just plain didn't care. He basically told me that what was wrong with me was all in my head. I went there because Dr. Mattussi was my doctor and she is very nice and respectful and helpful but they are so understaffed that I ended up having to see him that day and since then I have never went back. When I go into a doctor's office to see a certain doctor that's the doctor I want to see, not some jerk who thinks he's God's gift to Medicine. People stay away from this guy, you will regret it, And you will end up leaving frustrated and your blood pressure up.
Dr. Barnett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Bath County Community Hospital
Dr. Ronald Y Barnett accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsShores Primary Care Pc, 28001 Harper Ave, Saint Clair Shores, MI
Dr. Ronald Y Barnett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Clair Shores, MI.