Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ronnie Claiborne
Dr. Ronnie Claiborne, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bakersfield, CA, with another office in Taft, CA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include General Practice. Dr. Claiborne is affiliated with San Joaquin Community Hospital. Dr. Claiborne has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ronnie Claiborne has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 18
In short: I waited two hours to be seen, he ordered completely unnecessary tests just to make money off of my insurance, the entire staff was cold and rude, the environment in the office is terrible, his courtesy and manner during the 5 minute exam was terrible, and he used other ways to try and make more money off of me. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, and go to another doctor, and another office. I'm not sure how he has 4 stars on this site, but my experience with Ronnie Claiborne, along with the rest of his medical group, was completely abhorrent and terrible. My appointment was at 9:15a, and, being a new patient, I arrived at 9a to get paperwork done to make sure I could be seen as soon as possible. I didn't see any doctor until past 11a -- I waited for nearly TWO HOURS, and if I hadn't poked my head out and told someone that I needed to leave soon then I'd be waiting for even longer! I can understand that a wait should be expected in any doctors' office, but two hours for general practice is completely ridiculous. Then, when I poked my head out to the nurse to ask how much longer it would be, she told me he was going to be another 15-20 minutes. When I explained that I needed to be to work, and that I'd already been waiting for 2 hours, she just told me in a very rude tone that he had other patients before me who were just as important. AGAIN, I was the 9a appt; they were only open an hour before I walked in, and he was already 2 hours behind. Besides her, all members of his staff acted cold, like they just didn't want to be there and that they didn't care about anyone who came through the door. After he finally came into the exam room, I told him I was just there to get a prescription for an asthma inhaler -- I had just moved from Utah, and my years' worth of refills were about to run out; I had my inhaler with me so that he could see what kind it was, as well as my medical history to show what my doctor had me on for the past year. HE ORDERED BLOOD TESTS.....for an asthma condition....completely and totally pointless. He also didn't give me any refills, I'll be lucky if it lasts for a month! He's only interested in making you come back frequently enough so that he can keep billing you for doctor's visits, then order pointless tests so he can make money off of your insurance.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2008, 2014, 2012, 2011, 2016, 2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Claiborne is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Kern Medical Center
Dr. Ronnie Claiborne accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ronnie Claiborne is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bakersfield, CA.