Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rony C Awaida has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I saw Dr. Awaida first in 2012 and then in 2013 for left-side pain that was aggravated by certain foods. He insisted that my problem was not a GI problem. He scoped me, told me nothing was wrong and sent me on my way. I suffered for a year. One day, when I was in extreme pain, I called his office in desperation. They had an appointment that day. I went in and he ordered a CT scan. I came back several weeks later. I was feeling okay that day because I had not eaten anything that aggravated my pain for those two weeks. The CT scan was unremarkable. He practically accused me of faking my problem and suggested I see a different typed of specialist. This past year, I had an attack that was so bad, I wanted to die. I decided to see a doctor at UPMC. They did a HIDA scan. My gallbladder was not functioning normally. It was removed. I had cholecystitis (an inflamed gallbladder), cholesterolosis (strawberry gallbladder caused by repeated gallbladder attacks, and an enlarged lymph node which happily turned out not to be cancerous. I have not suffered an attack since my surgery. I suffered with horrible pain and could not eat anything but crackers for two years because I first chose this rude man who cannot think outside the box to be my doctor. Don't make the mistake I made.
Dr. Awaida is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- American University Of Beirut
Staten Island University Hospital
Dr. Rony C Awaida accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAvamar Endoscopy Center, 9225 E Market St, Warren, OH
Dr. Rony C Awaida is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warren, OH.