Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Roomana S Arain has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Roomana S Arain has the following 12 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
Dr. Roomana S Arain is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Poor staff relations/5 minutes with doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Roomana S Arain - Posted on May 30th, 2018
This office has charged me with a $25 late cancellation fee! I called and informed them of a 500 blood sugar and told them I was not comfortable driving with it that high! There were other times when Dr. was running late and I had to reschedule due to other apts. I did not want to reschedule for same date...again charged! Ridiculous!
Worst experience of my life.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Roomana S Arain - Posted on February 26th, 2016
Dr. Arain was manipulative and degrading. Completely insulting. He rolled his eyes each time I answered a question. He treated me like a delinquent who wanted pulls, this was my first evaluation that I've ever had in my life.. I was already nervous just because of the actual circumstance at hand, and he made it even worse. He talked to me like I was worthless and wasting his time. Do NOT see this doctor. I left in tears and immediately notified my PCP so that we could take action.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Roomana S Arain - Posted on December 29th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Roomana S Arain - Posted on January 26th, 2012
Dr. Arain is no professional. She has no sympathy for her patients. She flat out refused to help me after I have already seen her several times. She told me she is leaving the country for 3 months and the doctors seeing her patients while she is out would not help me either. She had me in tears by the time I left. I have never encountered a doctor so unwilling to help her patients. She wants you to spend a fortune to come in every 2 weeks to she can spend 5 minutes with you asking one question - how are you doing? Fine, okay, see me in two weeks. I can't afford this and then when I ask for help she refuses. Do not see this doctor. She is horrible!
Refused to help me
Self-verified patient of Dr. Roomana S Arain - Posted on October 7th, 2010
I went to this doctor seeking someone to help me taper off of benzodiazapines (only .5 mg/day) that had been prescribed to me by a doctor from another state in which I used to live. She told me she "doesn't do that" (the tapering) and told me to go to rehab. I had already weaned myself down from 3 to .5 mgs/day. She treated me like I was a junkie for a drug that she prescribes to people every day and seemed surprised when I told her I had a full-time job and couldn't just check myself into the hospital and refused to help me.
Dr. Roomana S Arain accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Roomana S Arain is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint Peters, MO.