Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roopal A Desai has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Roopal A Desai has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Roopal A Desai has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
The wait time is long, which is what I've experienced other places. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Dr. Desai is a fairly nice doctor. The first visit was very positive. However, the second and third visits she did not listen to me. She insisted that her tests were accurate and that I was just not exercising and eating healthy. I tried to explain to her that I needed some medication refilled for a week until mine arrived by mail. She cut me off. When I contacted her staff at her Conyers location, they tried to tell me that I needed to come in for a visit although I had just been there three days before. I informed them that I would not be coming in and that they would call me in the prescription because it was not my fault that the doctor would not listen to me. Although the medication I take should not be quit cold-turkey due to the horrific side effects, the doctor's office had not called in my meds after four hours of being contacted. When I finally contacted the Covington office and explained the situation, they immediately took care of everything. The only reason why I would return to Dr. Desai's office is because of the helpful staff at her Covington location. She dropped the ball and talked to me in a very condescending tone. At the time of my second visit, I was so sick that I did not feel up to arguing with her. I thought I would be fine for a couple of days without my meds. When I became extremely ill without my meds I did research and found that I was experiencing the side effects of coming off the medication. I just wish she had listened to me in the office instead of putting me through all of that misery. I will not be returning to her office as a result.
Dr. Roopal A Desai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEast Metro Internal Medicine, 3641 Highway 20 SE, Conyers, GA
Dr. Roopal A Desai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Conyers, GA.