Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roopesh K Kantala
Dr. Roopesh K Kantala, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mesa, AZ. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kantala is affiliated with Mountain Vista Medical Center and Banner Baywood Medical Center. Dr. Kantala has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Roopesh K Kantala has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Roopesh K Kantala has the following 12 expertise
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
Dr. Roopesh K Kantala has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 14
Doctor Kantala is very professional and always Courteous. I feel he was very accurate in my Diagnosis and has always given me the best treatments available for my problem. I feel he is always on top of things. All doctors in this day and age are overbooked but he spends as much time with me as I need.
I have been seeing Dr. Kantala since 2010 and I still see him. Dr Kantala has always been very professional, Courteous, Caring and Considerate. I feel he considers every available treatment for my type of cancer and if he feels necessary refers to other specialists if needed. I feel he is one of the best onolologist's there are. I feel he spends an adequate amount of time with me and will spend more if needed.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Dr. Kantala is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Mahatma Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Roopesh K Kantala accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsIronwood Cancer & Research Center, 6111 E Arbor Ave, Mesa, AZ
Dr. Roopesh K Kantala is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mesa, AZ.