Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rosa F Turner MD
Dr. Rosa F Turner has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Rosa F Turner has the following 13 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Rosa F Turner is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rosa F Turner - Posted on December 7th, 2018
Very Bad Service, So disrespectful!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rosa F Turner - Posted on November 9th, 2018
4 hours wait/ 1 week not answering phones nor faxes/ Unprofessional Front desk staff
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rosa F Turner - Posted on October 22nd, 2018
I took my daughter to a 2PM appointment where we waited 4 hours to only see the doctor for less than half an hour. Dr Turner was pleasant to talk to and She prescribed my daughter with a medication that she recommended in my daughter's case of anxiety. In turned out to be an extremely expensive medication (over $1400 for 30 pills!) and for that reason the insurance was requiring her authorization to approve the Pharmacy to dispense the medication. After CVS Pharmacy and I contacted the doctor for a week on a daily basis, Today I was informed that Dr Turner doesn't authorize medication to the insurance and that we need to go back for her to prescribed another. For an entire week they didn't answer their phones and we lost a week of treatment. Rosanna (who is the person that finally answered the phone after a week) was extremely unprofessional and have no concerned about our problem. She even mentioned that if we need to go back for a new medication (after a week waiting for someone to react to our faxes and phone calls), we might need to wait again for 4 hours because "That is the way that it goes"!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rosa F Turner - Posted on December 2nd, 2013
I have a long history with mental health and Dr. Turner has been the only doctor that found the medication combination I needed to make me a functional individual. She is the best and her staff exceeded my expections.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rosa F Turner - Posted on September 17th, 2012
Dr. Rosa F Turner Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsROSA F TURNER MD, 7100 W 20th Ave Ste 212, Hialeah, FL
Dr. Rosa F Turner is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hialeah, FL.