Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rosalie I Elenitsas MD
Dr. Rosalie I Elenitsas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with another office in Philadelphia, PA. She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Dermatology and Dermatopathology. Dr. Elenitsas is affiliated with Bryn Mawr Hospital and Penn Presbyterian Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Rosalie I Elenitsas has 2 locations
3400 Spruce St
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Dr. Rosalie I Elenitsas has the following 2 specialties
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
Dr. Rosalie I Elenitsas has the following 21 expertise
- Nevus (Hereditary Skin Malformation)
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Diseases
- Vascular Skin Diseases
- Skin Transplantation (Dermatoplasty)
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Cancer
- Sweat Gland Cancer
- Basal Cell
- Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Pigmented Nevus
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Dr. Rosalie I Elenitsas is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rosalie I Elenitsas - Posted on October 29th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rosalie I Elenitsas - Posted on November 1st, 2010
Dr. Elenitsas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Rosalie I Elenitsas Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- QualCare HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rosalie I Elenitsas, MD - Dermatology in Philadelphia, PA, in this video.
Dr. Rosalie I Elenitsas is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.