Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rose Yu Chin
Dr. Rose Yu Chin, MD, FACP, FRCP is a Doctor primarily located in Southbury, CT, with other offices in New York, NY and New York, NY (and 3 other locations). She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Yu Chin is affiliated with Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division and Bellevue Hospital Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Rose Yu Chin has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
This doctor prescribes Prozac to everyone first, regardless of the individual history or traits. She was difficult to get hold of for a Monday emergency, and told me that she would not see me until Saturday. Her focus is not on understanding her patients, nor on choosing the best medicine for individual needs. She is not there when you need her, and will send you to a hospital instead (don't go there)
I have no idea how this doctor is practicing. First of all she is very disorganized when she gathered information and does not seem comfortable at all talking to patients, second she has no clue about medications. She wanted to start me on a medication and when I inquired whether it interact with my high blood pressure pill she did not know and suggested that I ask my medical doctor. When she asked me who was my former psychiatrist and I informed her, she spoke badly about him which I think was inappropriate and unprofessional. She was surprised to know later on that the only reason I stopped seeing him is because my insurance coverage has changed.In summary, do never go to this doctor.
Dr. Yu Chin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
Bellevue Hospital Center
34 Years Experience
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Rose Yu Chin accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rose Yu Chin in this video.
Dr. Rose Yu Chin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southbury, CT.