Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roseanne C Labarre
Dr. Roseanne C Labarre, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Worcester, MA. She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Labarre is affiliated with Umass Memorial Medical Group. Dr. Labarre has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Roseanne C Labarre has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- HIV Infections
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I was most disappointed in meeting with dr. Labarre. She has a one set mind when it comes to infectious diseases such as Lyme disease. She needs to open her mind to the possibilities that Lyme disease does exist and that the testing we currently have maybe inadequate for correct diagnosis. Do not a schedule an appt with this doctor If you have Lyme disease or think you might be infected.
I scheduled my first visit to Dr. Labarre for my wife and I in June, 2010. My appointment was scheduled for late August. Our request was that my wife and I be scheduled back to back for transportation purposes. After 2+ months (mid-August) I was called by Dr. Labarre's office to have my appointment changed (strike-1). Again, we requested that we be scheduled together (back-to-back). After rearranging my schedule to meet the appointment, my wife and I find out that the receptionist scheduled my wife for the wrong day (strike-2). She had scheduled my wife for the day before so my wife had missed the appointment. There was no call from the office that we had missed the appointment but a call for me on that day to confirm my appointment.The "office policy" is that we were to be charged $100.00 for missing the appointment (strike-3), which the receptionist incorrectly scheduled, ironically after the original appointment was cancelled a mere 7 days before the appointment.I would not recommend Dr. Labarre if you are looking for good, efficient service.I wish I would have had a better experience considering she was recommended by a friend in the Worcester area.
Dr. Labarre is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Umass Memorial Healthcare
Dr. Roseanne C Labarre accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRoseanne C Labarre Md, 130 Lincoln St Ste 6, Worcester, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Roseanne C Labarre in this video.
Dr. Roseanne C Labarre is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Worcester, MA.