Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roseline E Okon has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Birth Control
- Depressive Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
dr okon is a terrific doctor! we have had our share of experiences with doctors and so i know exactly what i am looking for in a professional who will treat my child. she takes time to talk with my child and with me and she values my input as a parent. when there was a question as to the safety of certain medications (due to an underlying medical condition) that she was considering prescribing for my son, she did thorough research, spoke with his specialists and collected as much information as possible to ensure that he was able to be given the medicine.i, as a parent who is very involved with my child's care, appreciate so much the extra time, effort and thoroughness that she gave to our family.
Dr. Okon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Benin
Graduated in 1993
University Of Missouri At Kansas City
Dr. Roseline E Okon accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLaurelwood Hospital, 35900 Euclid Ave, Willoughby, OH
Dr. Roseline E Okon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Willoughby, OH.