Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rosemary M Peterson
Dr. Rosemary M Peterson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tacoma, WA. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Peterson is affiliated with St Joseph Medical Center and Tacoma General Hospital. Dr. Peterson has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Rosemary M Peterson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Blood Pressure
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Unstable Angina
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Heart Diseases
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Exercise Stress Test
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Shortness of Breath
- Chest Pain
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 5 of 6
After a few missteps with other cardiologists, I was fortunate to find Dr. Peterson. My lucky day. Never feel rushed during appointments with her and always.. ALWAYS feel like she not only truly listens to my concerns but looks to whats needed, not just ordering a bunch of tests or throwing meds at me... and she's awesome in explaining options and respecting what works in regards to my life.. Sometimes you may have to wait a bit to see her but its because she actually spends time with her patients verses spending time meeting a schedulers timeline but as a patient- she's totally worth any wait.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2013, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Peterson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences F Edward Hebert School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
Dr. Rosemary M Peterson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsFranciscan Heart And Vascualr Associates, 1802 Yakima Ave Ste 302, Tacoma, WA
Dr. Rosemary M Peterson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tacoma, WA.