Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Francis R Gilliam III
Dr. Francis R Gilliam III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sumter, SC, with another office in Chapel Hill, NC. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Gilliam has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Francis R Gilliam III has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Francis R Gilliam III has the following 15 expertise
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Francis R Gilliam III has 3 board certified specialties
Dr. Francis R Gilliam III is Board Certified in 3 specialties
Showing 5 of 6
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
37 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Francis R Gilliam III accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & Directions
Dr. Francis R Gilliam III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sumter, SC.