Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ross F Marchetta
Dr. Ross F Marchetta, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Akron, OH, with another office in Akron, OH. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Marchetta is affiliated with Cleveland Clinic Akron General. Dr. Marchetta has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ross F Marchetta has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Leiomyoma (Smooth Muscle Tumor)
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 51
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Marchetta. He delivered my daughter 23 years ago, ever since then I've been a fan. I had a lot of problems with my pregnancy, had to get injections etc....he met me at his office on a Sunday to make sure I didn't miss a dose. His bedside manner is like no other, he listens and over the years has always taken the time to explain everything to me. He is a perfectionist and thats ok in my book! His patient is his #1 priority!
Let me start by saying that I never write online reviews, but I was compelled to write this after my last visit with Dr. Marchetta. I have seen him for years and couldn't think more highly of him. Having seen other doctors in the area, I can tell you that there is no one out there like him. He really takes his time with me, is extremely knowledgeable and always remembers the little details about me. He has helped me through some difficult and serious medical issues (including a recent one) in a smart, compassionate and thoughtful way. I really don't know what I would have done without him. My husband and I appreciate having a person like Dr. Marchetta as my doctor and happily have recommended him to many of my friends and family, who also feel the same. I have had several last minute visits with him, and they always squeeze me in, one reason why there's always a wait and a packed waiting room. It is well worth it. No one wants to see a doctor who isn't busy. He is a godsend.
My experience with Dr. Ross Marchetta was less than desirable. He was late arriving to the office. He had me waiting, as a new patient, for about 45 minutes. He was discussing all of this follow up treatment and endometriosis. Are you kidding me?! How surgery happy can one doctor be. He was also berating and belittling his office staff. You can hear every word in the office through the walls. His staff is rude as well. I will not go back to him, EVER
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Marchetta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Akron General Medical Center
Dr. Ross F Marchetta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aultcare HMO
- Aultcare PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ross F Marchetta in this video.
Dr. Ross F Marchetta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Akron, OH.