Dr. Ross Valone Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ross Valone?

In a Hurry

Posted on November 3rd, 2016

I had Dr. Valone for my c-section. I believe he is a good surgeon. He is a very fast and to the point doctor. He is very direct and his bedside manner is not good. He smiles but says rude things. He seems to be in a rush at his appointments, in surgery and making rounds. He left while I was being sewn up. My wound opened up shortly after surgery and he would not return or send his on-call doctor in the hospital to staple me. It was within the time allowed to be staples and was about 5 inches long and at least 1 inch deep. He came in 2 days later and said it was fine and said it would heal from within. The wound care specialist was very concerned and the nursing staff had to try really hard to get him to refer extra care. I had to have special care for 2 weeks and my insurance didn't cover a nurse coming to the home or going to the wound care center. He was making rounds while in the hospital and signed on my chart that he saw me but never came into see me. I had to find another doctor to give my son a circumcision and to take care of me the rest of my hospital stay. He wouldn't come back. I assume it was because he messed up. I am expecting again and will not be using the doctor I once used before, who refers his patients to Dr. Valone....My mom was a patient of his for many years and her/her husband were friends professionally with him. I had been around him before but it was long ago. I wonder if he would have treated me better if he knew that or if he treats everyone like that....to me he is in a big rush, thinks he is always right without consulting others or medical studies. He didn't take care of me, not even what was minimally expected.

Fast as can be

Posted on June 23rd, 2015

Before I went to Dr. Valone I read reviews. It sounded like he was a good surgeron but was very blunt. I was okay with that. What mattered most to me was that he was a good surgeon. Although I did not see him a bunch of times, when I did see him, he really rushed me in the office and the hospital. I have had several surgeries and he is the first doctor that left after the surgical procedure (I am pretty sure someone else sewed me up), most wait until you have recovered and check in on you. His bedside manner...He doesn't listen to patients issues or concerns. He says what he feel needs said and doesn't give you much of a chance to talk about it. I found him a bit rude, he wouldn't shake my hand when we met. He is a bit blunt and really leans on the side of caution. I had a complication after surgery, he didn't address it, said it was fine until others started to really voice their concerns over my complication. Follow up, he didn't want to, he even faked a discharge the nurses said...He might be a good surgeon but it isn't just him being blunt, he doesn't listen or spend enough time addressing the health concerns to be an excellent doctor. A common procedure most OB/GYNs always offer, he didn't want to, said someone else will have to do it. Overall, I just felt like his major issues were that he doesn't listen or spend enough time. I believe him not wanting to come in or to provide a procedure is that he wants to spend as little time as possible in the hospital. He is the only doctor and well, that is his job to go into the hospital to see his patients until they are discharged. His staff is absolutely wonderful. If he would just slow down a bit and listen/look at the whole situation he would be a much better OB/GYN.

Posted on March 23rd, 2015

22 years with Dr. Valone.

A real JERK

Posted on October 1st, 2012

Patronizing, unconcerned, uncaring & self-serving are just a few of the characteristics of this man. He and his partner both took a medical oath that neither one of them have kept when he comes to my experience. After several days of labor, which by the way I was told was "false labor" I had to have an emergency C-Section because I was actually in active labor. This was my 2nd high risk pregnancy & although my medical records were sent to his office he never reviewed them. My husband & I had to address my medical history with him in which Dr. Malone stated, "each pregnancy is different". He never once realized that I had a higher risk with pregnancy he was overseeing. After almost dying while in labor that wasn't enough, he discharged me from the hospital with an infection in my uterus. I called his office to tell them aboutybsymptoms

He is never on time

Posted on September 5th, 2012

Posted on March 28th, 2012

Has been my only OBGYN for 15 years, delivered 2 of my children and soon to be number 3 :-)

My ratings

Posted on September 30th, 2011

Have had Dr. Valone as a OB/GYN but, he has yet to deliver a baby of mine. Pretty good doctor.

Very Happy!

Posted on August 23rd, 2010

I have been Dr. Valone's patient for 30 years now and have never been disappointed. He is definitely on top of his game and always puts me at ease. I've had a few health difficulties and wouldn't trust anyone else to help me through. And his nurse, Susie, is the best!

Posted on June 21st, 2010

I can't say enough about Dr. Ross Valone. I've been seeing him for over 10 years. He's hands down the best Dr. I've ever had to deal with. I've been through two pregnancy both we a little difficulity. I love seeing one Dr. during my pregnancy and he delivered both my son's. There was only one time that I got to his office and I had to reschedule due to the fact he needed to go to the hosptial. He takes his work very seriously and so does Sue. I love the staff and Sue:0)...I'll tell my boys that they had a Great Nurse and Dr. I tell anybody who ask. You can't put a price on your babies!!! Thanks Dr. Valone & Sue

A comfort

Posted on November 10th, 2009

It is a comfort to know my OBGYN is Dr. Ross Valone. Keeping is short, he saw me safely though a pregnancy/delivery and I'm certain I owe my life to him after a bout with abnormal cervical cells. I dread the day he retires!!

Posted on June 6th, 2017