Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rowena B Mariano has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Rowena B Mariano has the following 2 expertise
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
Dr. Rowena B Mariano has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Rowena B Mariano is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Mariano has the worst bedside manner I have ever experienced with a physician. I came in and began describing my 10 years of back pain. When I explained how a pain management clinic had opted not to try facet injections, she stops the interview and says, "Let's give that a try." Interview over, about 3 mins of hands-on examination. That's it. Doesn't explain the procedure to me, doesn't explain the implications, doesn't explain anything. When I ask what to do about the pain in the meantime, she curtly says, "ibuprofen." She gave me the distinct feeling that she thought I was a drug seeker. I get the procedure done, and was in excruciating pain because of the position I was in. Not only does she do nothing, she doesn't even acknowledge I'm in pain, even while I'm crying. The procedure is completed and SHE DOESN'T EVEN COME AND TALK TO ME AT ALL AFTERWARDS. I have no clue what to expect. I don't know if I'm even supposed to follow up. The injection takes a day to kick in, and I have significant pain relief, for a whooping 2.5 days, which could be perfectly normal, but again, she didn't give me any idea what to expect. I will give her credit that it did indeed reduce the pain for those couple of days, so something must have gone right. The rest of staff was wonderful, caring, helped me cope with the pain, and gave me a recommendation for another orthopedist.
19 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsDuke University Medical Center, 200 Trent Dr, Durham, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rowena B Mariano in this video.
Dr. Rowena B Mariano is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Durham, NC.