Dr. Rowena B Mariano Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Rowena B Mariano?

Dr Mariano was great, I went to her with extreme back pain. She diagnosed me, gave me medicine and I haven't had back pain since.

Would NOT Recommend

Dr. Mariano has the worst bedside manner I have ever experienced with a physician. I came in and began describing my 10 years of back pain. When I explained how a pain management clinic had opted not to try facet injections, she stops the interview and says, "Let's give that a try." Interview over, about 3 mins of hands-on examination. That's it. Doesn't explain the procedure to me, doesn't explain the implications, doesn't explain anything. When I ask what to do about the pain in the meantime, she curtly says, "ibuprofen." She gave me the distinct feeling that she thought I was a drug seeker. I get the procedure done, and was in excruciating pain because of the position I was in. Not only does she do nothing, she doesn't even acknowledge I'm in pain, even while I'm crying. The procedure is completed and SHE DOESN'T EVEN COME AND TALK TO ME AT ALL AFTERWARDS. I have no clue what to expect. I don't know if I'm even supposed to follow up. The injection takes a day to kick in, and I have significant pain relief, for a whooping 2.5 days, which could be perfectly normal, but again, she didn't give me any idea what to expect. I will give her credit that it did indeed reduce the pain for those couple of days, so something must have gone right. The rest of staff was wonderful, caring, helped me cope with the pain, and gave me a recommendation for another orthopedist.

Superb experience with her.Will definitely go back to her.My pain is gone.I can walk!

Incompetent doctor

This doctor is incompetent. If you need a physiatrist to truly diagnose your health concern versus just getting injections or pain meds, do not waste your time seeing this doctor.

gave me epidural

hurt me badly on the table but continued on- never followed up. after that, she left this practice and I have no idea where she is now? I am still wondering.