Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roxana G Ionas has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Dr lonas does not listen well to the parent about the problems or issues concerning the patient. As a parent you know your child better than anyone else. As a parent of the patient you can tell or explain the same issues or problems more than one time and Dr Ionas still does not listen to the parent of the patient. Dr Ionas does not understand the seriousness of some situations no matter how much you stress the seriousness. Dr Ionas does not spend an adequate amount time with the patient. Overall Dr Ionas needs to improve her skills in more than one area.
Dr Ionas is a fantastic physician who takes the time to find out what is going on in your child's life, beyond any physical ailments. She is concerned with disease prevention, and health promotion. I am completely comfortable that my daughter is receiving the BEST care when we see her. Her staff is wonderful, and everyone in the office is kind and caring.
She is a little agressive in her opinions at times, but she does make an effort to understand what the parents are saying, & she does listen..She was generally very patient with our kids despite them being very rambunctuous during the visit..She was generally fairly encouraging & I liked that she will not push an issue if we did not feel comfortable with it..(At least it came down to that.) She also will take the most obvious route in treating the child, and overdue treatment..
Dr. Ionas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Missouri-Columbia
Dr. Roxana G Ionas accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOb/Gyn Spec Group, 600 W Jefferson St, Kirksville, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Roxana G Ionas in this video.
Dr. Roxana G Ionas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kirksville, MO.