Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roxanne C Fiscella
Dr. Roxanne C Fiscella, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Berkeley, CA. She has 42 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Fiscella is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. Dr. Fiscella has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Roxanne C Fiscella has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I have been a patient at Dr. Fiscella's office for the past two years. I have had excellent care and service each time I have visited the office. Sheila Durlester is my Nurse Practitioner and the only professional I have needed to see. Sheila is the BEST! She's experienced, compassionate, practical, caring, intelligent, has great common sense, and is very easy to talk with. She has provided excellent care, and I recommend her very highly. I have also had excellent care from the nurses, and the office staff is very nice and competent. Thanks to all of you at Dr. Fiscella's office!
I have been a patient of Dr. Fiscella since the mid-1980s. She is a no-nonsense, practical doctor who has sent me to good specialists when necessary. At the same time, she does understand how HMOs work and, as a result, is sometimes hesitant to prescribe tests (e.g., I am 56 and have never had any sort of extensive stress test for my heart...when I ask the doctor about this, she says that my medical history doesn't justify such a test).I have also had very good luck with her Nurse Practitioners. Sheila is just great.The office staff, on the other hand, has been either horrible, incompetent, or dismissive. I have called for test results, only to get shunted into the voicemail system and, ultimately, to never get a call back (then NEVER call with results unless prompted). I have called to get copies of medical records and have either been ignored or had my request forgotten. The office staff can be friendly if you get them on a good day. On a bad day, they act like they are doing you a favor by even acknowledging your existence in the waiting room. The wait times to even get out of the waiting room and into an exam room can, at times, be unbelievable (e.g., the last time I was there, having made an appointment the prior day, I arrived 5 minutes early and had to wait 35 minutes to even get into the exam room, after which I had to wait another 10 minutes to see the doctor).There has been some turnover in the office staff. I only hope that the new folks weren't trained by the people that were leaving.
I have been going to Dr Fiscella for almost 30 years. I have never had a bad or even questionable experience with her or with her office staff. The doctor always follows all my issues and lab results and I have never felt rushed. I have recommended two friends and both of them are now long-term patients. The Dr is great on referrals and insisting that her patients get appropriate treatment by specialsts. Absolutely the best.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Fiscella is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Roxanne C Fiscella accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRoxanne Claire Fiscella Md, 3000 Colby St Ste 201, Berkeley, CA
Dr. Roxanne C Fiscella is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Berkeley, CA.