Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roxanne B Palermo has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- CT Scan
- PET Scan
- Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Didn't seem to know what she was doing. Spent 20-30 minutes on the phone with the equipment's technicians asking about how to use the software. Later, changed out machines, needles and 'canisters' because 'none of them worked'. Then talked about the 'green light'; should it show steady green or is it ok that it's blinking. Entire procedure lasted 4 hours and was NOT successful anyway. I was never even offered a drink of water or bathroom break. The room's door was opened and closed over 2 dozen times by people coming and going. I was in a 'compromised' position. I could see people walking by in the hall and looking in. Humiliating to say the least.
24 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1994
University Hospital Suny Stony Brook
Dr. Roxanne B Palermo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStonybrook University Hospital, 101 Nicolls Rd, Stony Brook, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Roxanne B Palermo in this video.
Dr. Roxanne B Palermo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stony Brook, NY.