Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roxanne A Smith-White has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Roxanne A Smith-White has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Roxanne A Smith-White has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
Followed up with her after having gone to E.R. for chest pain. She immediately self diagnosed it as anxiety. Not once did I ever complain about having an issue with anxiety or stress (other than normal life stresses) for her to come to this conclusion. She looked at me with this confused look when I questioned her diagnosis. I told her that having chest pain was very scary for me and I wasn't trying to over-exaggerate my pain or want it to be something bad, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't drop dead walking down the street. Her response to me, " I can't guarantee that." What kind of Dr. says this to her patient. A more comforting response would have been, I will try to do everything I can to try to prevent this from happening. I called her supervisor to complain, and she never asked my name or phone number but said she would follow up with me. I had to volunteer my contact info before she hung up. This let me know that nothing was going to be done. This was the last straw for me with Dr. Smith-White and I have since changed physicians. If you want someone that is not going to take you serious, or roll her eyes when you have a question as if you are holding her up after she had you waiting for 30 mins, then by all means, this is the Dr. for you.
23 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Medical College Hospital Lawndale
Dr. Roxanne A Smith-White accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHoward University Hospital, 2041 Georgia Ave NW, Washington, DC
Dr. Roxanne A Smith-White is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.