Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roy V Ditchey
Dr. Roy V Ditchey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Redding, CA. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ditchey is affiliated with Shasta Regional Medical Center. Dr. Ditchey has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Roy V Ditchey has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Roy V Ditchey has the following 12 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Roy V Ditchey has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Ditchey is wonderful! He takes his time explaining meds, procedures and any concerns you may have. Yes sometimes I’ve had to wait a few more for him but that’s because he is taking the same amount of time with someone else that I appreciate him taking with me! A genuinely nice man and great doctor!
This office cancels appointment after appointment for a variety of reasons. Sometimes due to an emergency, but most often because something more important than seeing you has come up. Most appointments are canceled at the very last minute. Twice I arrived for a scheduled appointment only to find they cancelled it or changed it to another day and time and forgot to tell me. Presently, I am on my third resceduled appointment in row and have been waiting over a month to see the doctor. The office staff is extremely arrogant in rescheduling appointments and all seem to have a "take it or leave it" attitude. If you try to discuss something with them they let you know they don't have time for you.Rescheduled appointments are often set for a month or two out. Too long to wait if you need immediate care.Dr. Ditchey is an excellent doctor and comes highly recommended by his peers, but you have to wonder about a doctor who employs such a rude and unprofessional staff.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Ditchey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Roy V Ditchey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRedding Heart Care, 2638 Edith Ave, Redding, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Roy V Ditchey in this video.
Dr. Roy V Ditchey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Redding, CA.