Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roy H Eriksen has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Roy H Eriksen has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Roy H Eriksen has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Eriksen is a wonderful doctor. I have never gone to a doctor who's expertise and caring are of his caliber. He approaches each of his patience with compassion and will treat them in a way that makes them feel comfortable. He knows his patience very well and knows how to deal with each on an individual level. No assembly line doctoring here...he truly takes the time for each patient. I would highly recommend Dr. Eriksen to anyone.
My mother and I have been going to Dr. Eriksen for years. His intuitiveness when dealing with the vague symptoms he is sometimes presented with is outstanding. He takes time to listen to his patients and has never fails to provide whatever was needed. You don't feel like just another number in his office.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Eriksen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Roy H Eriksen accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
Locations & DirectionsRoy H Eriksen Md, 187 S Broadway, Nyack, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Roy H Eriksen in this video.
Dr. Roy H Eriksen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nyack, NY.