Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roy W Finley
Dr. Roy W Finley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Petersburg, FL, with another office in Saint Petersburg, FL. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Finley is affiliated with Bayfront Medical Center and St Anthony's Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Roy W Finley has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 12
He was my primary doctor first over 3 years. Initially I was very happy. However, he failed to take seriously my frequent comlaints about pain and problems with my leg muscles over the course of a year. It turns out it was due to a statin drug. By the time he finally took me off the drug he had insisted I stay on I was in 'real trouble' with damage to my kidneys. Reluctantly, I changed to another primary because I had lost totally confidence in him. My pharmasist was appalled that he had not taken me off the medication the very first time I complained about muscle problem as there was a clear FDA warning about this side effect.
Dr. Finley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Roy W Finley accepts the following insurance providers.
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Roy W Finley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Petersburg, FL.