Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roy E Hanks II has the following 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Roy Hanks is in a league all of his own! He is not just a surgeon; he is a human being who has one sole purpose in life... To heal others & make them well. He sits & talks to you, not at you. From the minute he walks into your room, his focus is 200% on you, the patient. His philosophy is "take your time & do it right the first time." If I won the lottery, I would see to it that this Christian man & his family were taken care of forever. There isn't another doctor ANYWHERE out there who remotely compares to Dr. Roy Hanks.
I have now had Dr. Hanks preform two surgeries for me; he took out my gallbladder and appendix. Both times he seemed to be the only doctor that believed that my pain was real and knew exactly what to do. He made me feel safe and secure through both processes. Dr. Hanks is incredibly nice and explains every detail to you. I feel very honored to have him as my surgeon.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hanks is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1993
Mt Clemens General Hospital
Dr. Roy E Hanks II accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNe Surgical Group, 17375 Hall Rd, Macomb, MI
Dr. Roy E Hanks II is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Macomb, MI.