Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roy Ivy Jr has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Roy Ivy Jr has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
Dr. Roy Ivy Jr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr. Ivy is an angel, he is the epitome of what every doctor should be. I have never felt more comfortable under the care of one person than with Dr. Ivy. He genuinely cares about you and will do whatever it takes to make sure you're healthy. He is very easy to talk to, don't ever hesitate to ask him questions he is there for everything that you need. I wish I could keep Dr. Ivy forever.
Too bad I couldn't see Dr. Ivy. Just making an appointment was horrible! The girl on the phone seemed immature to make fun of my name just cause I didn't say it in Spanish. I could tell this was some immature person who discriminates Anglos. Rather go spend my time and money somewhere with a professional staff.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
50 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1968
United States Army Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsGail Elizabeth Blakely Md, 3800 N Mesa St Ste A2, El Paso, TX
Dr. Roy Ivy Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near El Paso, TX.