Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roy A Jackel has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Movement Disorders
- Abdominal Pain
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Facial Pain
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Peptic Ulcer
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Thyroid Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Neck Pain
- Muscule Diseases
- Colorectal Surgery
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Liver Cancer
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Colon Cancer
- Carotid Stenosis
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Basal Ganglia Cerebrovascular Disease
- Back Pain
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Seizure Disorders
- Colorectal Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Skin Cancer
- Cerebral Palsy
- Migraine Disorder
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Memory Disorders
- Pseudotumor Cerebri
- Headache Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
It takes us 1 hour to get to the clinic, 15 minutes waiting (not bad), 5-7 minutes with Dr (no physical exam done). He asks 2-3 questions and sends us on our way. I am embarrassed to be in the same profession with Dr. Jackal. No compassion or bedside manner, which is OK, but I don't feel the medical knowledge is there, or maybe he just doesn't care. We picked Dr. Jackal because he is associated with U of PA (my alma mater), but we will be changing neurologists.
I have lived out in PA for 2 yrs now and had so much trouble finding a Neuro. that felt I can trust and treat me like a human and not a number. Dr. J listened and knew what he was doing. He understands that every patient is different and thier symptoms are different. I have had MS since 1997 and Lymes since 2005 and never got the right treatment for Lymes. He listened to me and now I am finally getting the right treatment and I actually see a future now instead of being bed ridden and hopeless. The staff has been great and gets everything done very quickly. I recommend that if you are looking for a good Neuro Dr. J is the one. I feel so blessed that I found him and am able to treat with Dr. J . He is def. one of the best that I have found since 1997 ( and I have seen alot of Doctors from 1997-present)
37 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Roy A Jackel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Roy A Jackel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Wales, PA.