Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roy Harris
Dr. Roy Harris, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sylmar, CA. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Harris is affiliated with Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Glendale Memorial Hospital and Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center. Dr. Harris has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Roy Harris has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Roy Harris is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I highly recommend this doctor because he is extremely knowledgeable in diagnoising his patients.He is effiecent and thorough in the management/care of his patients and their follow-up(s).In addition, his professional manner is both empathic and expedient---in other words, he "gets it!" He acts swiftly when there is a need for urgency and shows sensitivity and great care in how he communicates/imparts knowledge/information to his patients. Too bad he does not have his own private practice---he would definitely be successful, as well as, have tons of patients. Overall, he is an excellent physician.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Harris is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
Glendale Memorial Hospital
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center
Valleycare Olive View-UCLA Medical Center
UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica
Glendale Adventist Medical Center
USC Verdugo Hills Hospital
34 Years Experience
Universidad De Buenos Aires
Graduated in 1979
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsValleycare Olive View-UCLA Medical Center, 14445 Olive View Dr, Sylmar, CA
Dr. Roy Harris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sylmar, CA.