Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roy Nelson
Dr. Roy Nelson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Louisville, CO. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Nelson is affiliated with Centura Health-Avista Adventist Hospital, Boulder Community Foothills Hospital and Centura Health St. Anthony Summit. Dr. Nelson has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Roy Nelson has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Roy Nelson has the following 1 expertise
- Adolescent Medicine
Dr. Roy Nelson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Please don't go to this Dr if you have a 1or 2 yr old baby. Because this Dr knows nothing !!!!! He have no idea how to diagnose a problem. My baby had to go through a lot of problems only because of him. I have never had such a bad experience in my entire life. If your kid is old enough to speak what his problem is then he might be able to help you out.But as that doesn't work on a baby, always the Dr has to diagnose and confirm before prescribing a medicine. But here, with this Dr it didn't happen in my case !!!!!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Nelson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Centura Health-Avista Adventist Hospital
Boulder Community Foothills Hospital
Centura Health St. Anthony Summit
The Children's Hospital
Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center
St. Anthony Summit
36 Years Experience
Loma Linda University
Graduated in 1977
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions90 Health Park Dr, Louisville, CO
Dr. Roy Nelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, CO.