Type 2 Diabetes
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roy W Sanders
Dr. Roy W Sanders, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Temple Terrace, FL. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Foot & Ankle Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Sanders is affiliated with Brandon Regional Hospital, Tampa General Hospital and St Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa. Dr. Sanders has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Roy W Sanders has the following 2 specialties
- Foot & Ankle Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Joint Replacement
- Femoral Fractures
- Herniated Disc
- Ankle Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
I came to Dr Sanders due to not finding an Orthopedic Doctor in Tampa who would touch my broken Ankle Replacement. What a relief it was when I found Dr. Sanders, he immediately took X-rays, Sc ans and so on, and told me he could help me. After an attempt to fix the replacement and several more surgeries my ankle is now fused and I have no more problems, without Dr. Sanders I would be in a wheel chair right now and not walking on both of my feet now a days.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Sanders is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Roy W Sanders accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA LocalPlus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFlorida Orthopedic Institute, 13020 N Telecom Pkwy, Temple Terrace, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Roy W Sanders in this video.
Dr. Roy W Sanders is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Temple Terrace, FL.