Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roy M White Jr
Dr. Roy M White Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Anchorage, AK, with another office in Anchorage, AK. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. White is affiliated with Alaska Psychiatric Institute and Providence Alaska Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Roy M White Jr has 2 locations
2211 E Northern Lights Blvd Ste 101
Anchorage, AK 99508
2211 E NO LIGHTS Blvd # 101
Anchorage, AK 99508
Book Online Now
Dr. Roy M White Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Roy M White Jr has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Roy M White Jr - Posted on April 18th, 2012
Dr White was my primary care physician for over twenty years. As well as a first rate physician, he was a friend. I was forced to leave the area and his care and trust will be the hardest things to replace .
Gives great information, has an easy manner
Self-verified patient of Dr. Roy M White Jr - Posted on April 8th, 2010
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. White is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Roy M White Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & Directions
Dr. Roy M White Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.