Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rozaliya S Vernikov has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Rozaliya S Vernikov has the following 12 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Vernikov treated me during an extremely difficult time in my life. Without her excellent care I am sure I would not be alive today. She was there for me during my hospital stay at NSUH/Glen Cove and I cannot write enough about her kind, knowledgeable care. I owe my life to her, and would recommend her to anyone in need of Psychiatric care.
THIS DOCTOR IS ABSOLUTE SCUM!! She together with her associate Dr. Marianna Dogot convinced me that it would be ok to confine my frail, disabled, and elderly father for a short stay at the Glen Cove Hospital Psychiatric Ward of which she was in charge so that he would get help taking his medications and food on time because he was depressed now. Once he was there he was much more confused than before, and the place looked like it was a benign prison. We didn't sign up for this so I attempted to get my father out right away, but she blocked me by arbitrarily changing his status to an involuntarily confinement now because my father's stay was generating around $3,000 per day in various hosp/doctor's costs. I had to let myself get arrested by disrupting the psych ward, and risk imprisonment in order to get my father out right away so that no examinations / procedures in order to generate more cash for the hospital and the doctors will be done on him which could put his life at risk.
44 Years Experience
Oo Bogomolets National Medical University
Graduated in 1974
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMarianna Dogot Phd, 15 Glen St Ste 304, Glen Cove, NY
Dr. Rozaliya S Vernikov is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glen Cove, NY.