Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ruben Altman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 9
He is a jerk rude especially to women !talks over you don't answer question! And his nurse Joyce she has to be the meanest women I've ever meet she's rude always has a nasty look on her face !she would never make it working for any other doctor but he's just as nasty!and she for some reason thinks she's in charge! I would not go back there even if that was the only doc,left on earth!! They should be shut down
57 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1961
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. Ruben Altman accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInternal Medicine Council Bluff, 25 S 15th St Ste 1, Council Bluffs, IA
Dr. Ruben Altman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Council Bluffs, IA.