Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ruben J Ayala has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
I'll make it brief and short. Terrible office, terrible staff, the doctor is never in the office, they don't advise you ahead of time that the doctor is not in, they tell you when you arrive and then you're forced to see a different doctor or a nurse practioner or reschedule and return another day. They don't speak english. The doctor makes you feel like he's not paying attention to you. The wait is 2 hours. Bottom line, if you're looking for a credible health facility, look somewhere else.
Horrible office. They are very unprofessional, very unorganized. No one speaks english except for the office manager, beginning with her, the way that she treats the patients is hard to believe that not only is she the office manager but she is also Dr. Ayala's wife. She talks to the patients as if she had no care for them. Seems like she doesn't care that Dr. Ayala loses patients or that she creates a horrible reputation for the office. If you're going to choose this office as your pcp, you will see for yourself to believe what I'm saying. My advice is "don't go through the hard ache and regret that you chose this office, look for a different pcp." By the way, they are not located at the address shown above, they are on bird road and 142 ave.
I was about done, with all the doctors I've seen in the past. They would prescribe me too many medication for my condition. The pills were giving me ulcers, but when I changed my primary care Dr to Dr Ayala he treated my condition and concerns like if they were his own. Now I am super happy that I can sleep through the night without having to wake up because of pain or reflux.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Ruben J Ayala accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRuben Ayala Md, 14283 SW 42nd St, Miami, FL
Dr. Ruben J Ayala is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.