Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ruben E Brinckhaus has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Brinckhaus is the most caring, concerned, understanding and kind doctor I've ever known. With each and every visit, he treats his patient like they are the only one in the world at the moment. He listens completely to his patients and never interrupts. He explains completely what is going on, what tests may be needed, etc. In today's world of rush, rush, rush, it's hard to find a doctor like this one. As far as promptness, the only reason he may be running a tiny bit behind is because he gives all of his patients the same courteous, kind and understanding service.
Dr. Brinckhaus is an amazing doctor. I've been seeing him for 24 years, since he began his practice actually, He's slow but once he gets to you, you get his full attention, time and dedication. There is no other doctor that compares to him when it comes to caring, medical knowledge, and again dedication. HE'S HE BEST. I recommend him to everyone that is looking for a doctor. I love his office staff as well. I go tere monthly for diabetic check-ups. He also knows Spanish.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Brinckhaus is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
San Joaquin General Hospital
Dr. Ruben E Brinckhaus accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFortuna Family Medical Group Inc, 874 Main St, Fortuna, CA
Dr. Ruben E Brinckhaus is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fortuna, CA.