Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ruben S Casabar
Dr. Ruben S Casabar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA, with another office in Wilmington, CA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include General Practice. Dr. Casabar is affiliated with Garfield Medical Center, Greater El Monte Community Hospital and Huntington Hospital. Dr. Casabar has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ruben S Casabar has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Ruben S Casabar has the following 6 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Dr. Ruben S Casabar has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 23
When you give them an authorization of release if medical records they don't only fax it once. You suppose to call and notate who you speak with and get a confirmation fax. Their service sucks! The girls in the front office looks like a thug. Practically a chola. With no manner she always ask her "co-worker" on what to do. Get professional people the outside and inside of the clinic is ugly!
DON'T GO HERE!! My son went to see the doctor for an infection of the prostate and was seen by the FNP, Valeriano Luz. After examination, Mr. Luz proceeded to tell my son that he needs to have his prostate messaged for 15 minutes a day and kindly offered to do that for him at his personal residence but to not tell anyone as he does not charge for this service. I bet he doesn't!! I have left a message for Dr. Casabar explaining that I have a very serious issue to discuss with him regarding his staff member. I have yet to hear back. I will be filing a formal complaint to the Board of Registered Nursing against Mr. Luz. STAY AWAY FROM HERE!! Too bad I can't give zero stars!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Casabar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Santo Tomas
Graduated in 1980
White Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Ruben S Casabar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ruben S Casabar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.