Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ruben O Espinoza has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Ruben O Espinoza has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Ruben O Espinoza is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I picked Dr. Espinoza because his practice is less than 10 minutes from my home. When my daughter was a newborn, she had a hard time swallowing her saliva and would choke on it. She started choking while laying flat during her 2 week wellness check. Out of habit, I reach for her and start to sit her up so she could swallow easier. Dr.Espinoza pushed my hands off of her before I could sit her up completely. This resulted in her falling back down onto the table, still choking. He said she was fine, and proceeded with his routine as I frantically explained to him that she's choking. She started turning blue and that's when he finally sat her up and patted her back. I was trying to do that in the 1st place!Then, when he used a tongue compressor to look in her mouth, he gagged her 4 times! Four! It almost seemed intentional because he had become frustrated with me and my daughter. Needless to say, I will never go back to him.As for his office, there is no separate room for the sick kids. So the kids/babies who are there for their wellness check are sitting right next to the sick ones. It was very warm in the waiting room (hello germ incubator) and freezing in the actual check up room (where you strip your baby down to their diaper to freeze). My 1st visit, we arrived 15 minutes early, yet still waited almost 2 hours in the waiting room, exposing our 3 day old newborn to all the sick kids. At her 2 week check up, we waited just over an hour.I would highly look else where for a more caring doctor and a healthier environment.
Dr. Ruben O Espinoza accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ruben O Espinoza is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mesa, AZ.