Dr. Ruben Salinas Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Ruben Salinas?

Quack

Posted on November 18th, 2017

He has never given me a diagnoses. Has never discussed a treatment plan to help manage my mental health issues. He doesn't even have my correct information in his little computer. I read another comment in which a patient said he is so in love with himself that he can't focus on anyone besides himself...that hits the nail on the head. He is incapable of accepting when he's made a mistake., and will be rude if you call him out on his mistakes, so I end up letting him think whatever he wants to rather than be insulted and treated like Iam stupid.Ive been subjected to listening to him talk derogatory about women and about his sex life , and his social experiments with young attractive women in the bar scene. He thinks he is such a catch that he believes beautiful young women are crushed when he refuses to pay them any attention.!!!! Makes one wonder if he thinks the same thing about his attractive female patients and if they are receiving fair treatment if they refuse to drool over him. None of this btw is helpful to me,

Dazed and confused

Posted on November 17th, 2017

I have a big heart and am guilty of giving people too many chances. After reading the truthfulness of others reviews, I realize I have accepted bad behavior from Salinas, and I need to move on to a doctor who is a professional. Salinas is always late, always confused. With the new systems that allow every doctor, pharmacy, etc... Access to every doctors notes, I cannot stand by and allow Salinas to confuse me with his other patients and put wrong information about me in the system. He has confused me with other patients on every visit. Who knows what he is typing about his patients, when he rattles off wrong info about me, and when corrected he simply waves it away with a confused face. This is dangerous! He spends the entire appt talking about himself. I should be billing him! His poor secretary's are always left with a room full of angry patients who are waiting up to 3 to 4 hours for him to arrive every day. And then has the audacity to blame being confused, behind, wrong on his secretary's who he goes through as one patient said like toilet paper. I have had to leave several times after waiting 4 hrs, and his secretary has no clue when he will show up. Then he has the nerve to shame me for cancelling my appt. He is washed up, and putting people's lives in danger by entering incorrect info into his records. It says he specializes in adhd in children, but anyone who has sat in his waiting room can tell you, I have yet to see a child there. The waiting room is full of adults strung out on Adderal. I don't belong there. I sat and listened to one after another mid aged woman tell each other how easy it was to get salinas to prescribe adhd meds prescribed to them, and the up and high they get from the med. It was like witnessing junkies in line at a methadone clinic. Stay away from this place if you value your medical records not being confused with his other patients.

Posted on August 9th, 2016

Dr. Salinas is very down to earth. He listens and gets to the point. I would still be going to his office but had to find mental health care closer to Morehead City, NC. As far as his promptness is concerned. He deals with people in mental distress. Each person is different. Some people can take longer to evaluate than others. I understand people not liking the wait time but that's just the way it is.

Posted on February 25th, 2015

Was charged for a visit that I never had. He spent the whole time except for maybe 5 minutes on the phone with microsoft trying to get my paperwork out of his computer

Not happy

Posted on June 29th, 2014

This doctor does not answer your questions because he cannot figure out the little computer that he is using. I'd be talking and he would say how do you spell your last name. Really! You do not know who I am. I feel he talks down to me, does not listen, rushes me, is never on time, and he always seems confused to me. I am looking for another doctor because I have had enough. He was talking to me making no sense only to realize he had a different name on his computer. I was like what are you talking about for it was not me or my issues. Seems to put blame on the receptionist but it is not her fault that he is always late. Several times I have been there I have seen people walk out because they were there for an hour or longer and could not find out how much longer it would take to see him. I really feel like he has no idea what he is talking about. This is very sad because there are a lot of people who need advice and I would be very surprised if he is really helping them at all.

can't use explesive words so i'll keep it to a minimum.

Posted on July 7th, 2013

I believe this doctor is so in love with himself that what you have to say is of no matter. I assume he feels that he has such a high education level eg. (professional student) that he thinks that he is talking to a 5 yr. old child. He DOES NOT listen to what you are trying to say without interupting at an consistent rate. I believe in my 2 hours i spent with him i was able to get about 15 words out of my mouth! How is the helpful? I finally gave up and just made up my mind it would be better to agree with him to shut him up and leave! FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR IF YOU TRULY NEED CARE!!!!!!!!!!

Just wrong

Posted on June 23rd, 2013

Wait times in lobby are sometimes hours even when we have an appointment. Never listens always playing with his phone or computer or talking to someone else during our time. Just a bad doctor.

Posted on October 31st, 2017