Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ruben A Saez
Dr. Ruben A Saez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Plano, TX. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Saez is affiliated with Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort Worth, Titus Regional Medical Center and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Kaufman. Dr. Saez has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Ruben A Saez has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ruben A Saez has the following 23 expertise
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Hepatitis C
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
Dr. Ruben A Saez has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
My wife was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2016. Dr. Saez is the expert! He has been the calm in the storm. He explained things so that we both understood what he was saying. As a cancer survivor myself, I find that this is so important when searching for an oncologist. He has saved my precious wife life and I will always be greateful!
Dr. Saez diagnosed me with Leukemia. It is in total remission. There is no denying that he is excellent at what he does. However, sometimes his god- complex gets in the way. so it is important that as his patient you remember that you have a say in your treatment. I also think it is important to note that his third party billing department often adds extra charges and its representatives are difficult to deal with. I often had to contact the office manager at Dr. Saez's office to correct errors on my bill. Furthermore, the girl that check you in and submits payments does not understand how insurance works. When she first began working at the office, she did not post my co-pays toward my bill, and she told me, "you have to pay that anyway." Again, I had to get the office manager to explain the way insurance works, so this was a big source of stress for me. The last thing a cancer patient wants to be stressed about is if the billing is accurate.
My family, specifically, my daughter is blessed to have been referred to Dr Saez with a diagnosis of Stage III B Hodgkins lymphoma. She is young! He has done everything he said he would and followed through-- she is in remission! My family cannot thank him enough! He treated her as if she is a member of his family-- isnt that what you want any doctor to do!
I found a hard lump in my abdomin and immediately called my primary care doctor. He ordered a CT scan that showed a mass. It was diagnosed as Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Dr. Saez referred me to the surgeon and I began chemo treatments the day after surgery. I had 8 chemo sessions and am free from cancer for over a year now. I consider myself blessed to get such a good oncologist as Dr. Saez. I would recommend him to anyone seeking a high rated oncologist.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Saez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Ruben A Saez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPlano Cancer Institute, 6957 W Plano Pkwy Ste 2000A, Plano, TX
Dr. Ruben A Saez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.