Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rubina Shakil has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Rubina Shakil has the following 13 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Rubina Shakil has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Rubina Shakil is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
I absolutely trust Dr. Shakil's thoughtful and careful judgement, and I would absolutely recommend her to any friend or family member seeking psychiatric care. The office is clean and pleasant, her staff is courteous and professional, and Dr. Shakil takes the time to gain a thorough understanding of your health and background before giving a detailed explanation of her assessment and your treatment options.
I have been a patient of Dr. Shakil's for about 5 years now. She is extremely qualified and skilled in her knowledge of medications. She has always been kind and courteous to me. Her staff has always scheduled me appropriately and followed up with phone calls to confirm appointments. I believe she is willing, based on her experience, to assist her patients in a way that's best for them and their well being. I urge people to give her a chance. She will give you tools and meds that WILL help you. I adore her!
I was in disbelief at how incredibly rude and impatient she was. She interrupted literally every time I attempted to answer her question. Clearly she is not in this profession for the patients. I see that she "specializes" in geriatric psychiatry... I shudder at the thought of her abrasive, borderline abusive approach to the elderly. This woman should not be in practice period. Terrible! If there was an option of negative stars, I would have selected it.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
24 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1994
Austin Medical Education Program - Seton Health
Dr. Rubina Shakil accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rubina Shakil is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Frisco, TX.