Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ruby Alonzo has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Ruby Alonzo has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Ruby Alonzo has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Ruby Alonzo is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Alonzo has retired but I had to write a review on my many years with her. She was by far the best doctor ever. She knew her business, was kind, compassionate and I always felt at ease with her. If I needed to see her "that day" she would make room to see me. I have never experienced her compassion from any other doctor. I am so sorry that she retired but realize, it is time for her after a job and career, Well Done. Thank you Dr. Alonzo. I will always remember you. And Lorraine, her nurse, was one of a kind too. I miss them both.
Dr. Alonzo is probably the most popular OB in Calvert which is why the wait is so long. Even with the long wait, the office staff makes sure they keep you notified of what Dr. Alonzo is doing (delivering, with a patient, etc.) and they will reschedule you if you don't want to wait for their estimated time which is nice. Dr. Alonzo is so nice and caring she remember my 1st child when it came time to deliver my 2nd and really seemed to KNOW me. That's a good doctor if you ask me. The office staff is also very friendly and called me by name every time I went in for an appt. which was nice. It felt like family. I'm so sad I've moved and have to find a doctor to live up to the standard that Dr. Alonzo set.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Alonzo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Calvert Memorial Hosp
42 Years Experience
University Of Santo Tomas
Graduated in 1971
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions110 Hospital Rd, Prince Frederick, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ruby Alonzo in this video.
Dr. Ruby Alonzo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Prince Frederick, MD.