The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Rudolph L Wise has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
Dr. Rudolph L Wise has the following 7 expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Dr. Rudolph L Wise has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 9
I FOUND DR WISE TO BE KNOWLEDGEABLE OF HIS CRAFT BUT NOT ALWAYS INDISPUTABLE. I FOUND HIS BEDSIDE SIDE MANNER TO BE NON-EXISTENT. HE CARES MORE ABOUT THE DISEASE THAN THE PERSON WITH THE DISEASE. HE WALKS INTO THE EXAM ROOM SPOUTS HIS INFO ASKED ANY QUESTIONS? I HAD ONE SO I ASKED. HIS REPLY WAS CURT HE LEFT ME IN THE EXAM ROOM IN TEARS AND IT WAS MY CHILD THAT COMFORTED ME. ON THE NEXT OFICE VISIT I ASKED THE SAME QUESTION AGAIN ASSUMING THAT ON THE LAST VISIT IT WAS SIMPLY A BAD DAY FOR HIM (BEHAVIOR STILL UNEXCUSABLE) HIS REPLAY WAS STILL CURT EXCEPT HE ADDED DIDNT I TELL YOU THIS BEFORE MY ANSWER IT THE SAME. HIS OVERALL RATING IS 3 STARS AND IF YOU ARE BATTLING CANCER YOU CERTAINLY DESERVE AND SHOULD DEMAND A DR THATS RATED A LITTLE MORE THAN 50%. I DID.
41 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Palmetto Health Richland Memorial Hospital
Dr. Rudolph L Wise accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rudolph L Wise is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, SC.