Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rui P Cerejo has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Patient Care
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 45
Unfortunately I was unable to ever meet the Dr because I could not get beyond his incompetent unprofessional staff. Initially, I left several messages for Vicki, Cerejo's secretary before I could finally speak to her. When I spoke to her she instructed ME to verify that my insurance cover Dr. Cerejo. I have never been asked to do this by a Dr's office. All Drs that I have seen have been more than happy to do this for patients. I initially agreed to do this but did not feel right about it. I then left Vicki approximately 4 messages with no return call. I then asked to speak to the office manager, Ethel, who was rude and minimized Vicki's conduct and not once apologized for her staff's behavior. She then transferred me to someone else to verify insurance. This woman in billing was the only nice person I spoke to who indicated that she did not understand what was the big deal. Essentially anyone could have verified insurance. This nice woman indicated that she was going to call Ethel to inform her of insurance verification so that she could continue assisting me. This never happened. Dr Cerejo may be a very good Dr, but he lost a patient due to his incompetent staff.
Dr. Cerejo has always been spot-on. He asks the right questions, answers my questions to my satisfaction and is kind and courteous. I did experience some staff concerns several years ago, but he seems to have handled the problem. Over the last couple of years, his staff has been courteous. Reviews should be helpful to patients and doctors, alike. A couple of these reviews are just downright mean. This being said, this particular reviewing website might want to think about separating the reviews into two parts: Physician reviews and Office/Staff reviews.
21 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Rui P Cerejo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rui P Cerejo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palm Beach Gardens, FL.