More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Rukmini D Kumar
Dr. Rukmini D Kumar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. She has 44 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. She speaks English.
Dr. Rukmini D Kumar has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Rukmini D Kumar has the following 12 expertise
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
Dr. Rukmini D Kumar has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 41
Never go to this doctor. This doctor takes this patients for granted. Behaves likes god to her patients. She will not guide her patients how to follow schedule a proper diet plan to feed your baby. You may not have any problem if you already have parenting experience but if your first time patient you'll always be confused how to feed your baby and what to give.
I would not recommend this doctor to anyone, well if she is a legally a doctor, in my opinion she is not. She is very reude and talks down to Parents. She does not want to listen to child problem, she does not even diagnose patients well. She like to spend the least amount of time she can with the parents. If you care for your child find another doctor..........
44 Years Experience
Gandhi Medical College
Graduated in 1974
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Rukmini D Kumar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRukmini D Kumar Md, 8200 Wednesbury Ln Ste 112, Houston, TX
Dr. Rukmini D Kumar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.