Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Rukshan Z Azhar has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Rukshan Z Azhar has the following 12 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Rukshan Z Azhar is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 53
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rukshan Z Azhar - Posted on January 11th, 2018
I been seeing Dr Azhar for awhile now and evertime I come the staff and the service is always over and beyond very friendly always willing to help. I love how you get to see Dr Azhar and she spends and gives each patient the time and service they deserve and need of course each patient is different so the amount of time you have to wait may or may not be the same but it’s worth it because she will give you the same service as well :)
I LOVE DR AZHAR
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rukshan Z Azhar - Posted on September 25th, 2017
A Wonderful Doctor!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rukshan Z Azhar - Posted on April 13th, 2017
I have been a patient of Dr. Azhar for about 14-15 years. She has been amazing!! She always takes her time with me, listening to my concerns, as well as my accomplishments. She has seen me at my worst, and also at my best. She always makes me feel very comfortable during my appointments. I will be moving soon, and will miss her very much!! I would very highly recommend her to anyone out there who is looking for a great, caring doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rukshan Z Azhar - Posted on March 9th, 2017
Best psychiatrist in town!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rukshan Z Azhar - Posted on March 2nd, 2017
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2017, 2018, 2016)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2017, 2018, 2016)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2016, 2015, 2018, 2017, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2017, 2018, 2016, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
37 Years Experience
Government Medical College
Graduated in 1981
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Rukshan Z Azhar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsRUKSHAN AZHAR MD, 2802 Garth Rd Ste 105, Baytown, TX
Dr. Rukshan Z Azhar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Baytown, TX.