Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rula N Al-Aouar
Dr. Rula N Al-Aouar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dearborn, MI. She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Gynecology and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Al-Aouar is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Wayne. Dr. Al-Aouar has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Rula N Al-Aouar has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Rula N Al-Aouar has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Breast Exam
Dr. Rula N Al-Aouar is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
Dr. Al-aouar has been my o.b. for 4 years now. She is defiantly the most attentive and caring doc. I have ever had. She will be delivering my 3rd child and has delivered my second in 2010. I would recommend her to anyone. I thank god that I found her and know I can count on her for my medical o.b. needs. Give her a try u will not be disappointed.
Although I love my regular doctor that is in this office, I do not recommend the gynecology department. One visit that I had after they had me remove my clothes, put on the paper "shirt" and the towel over me, 3 different staff came into the room for supplies. This did not include the doctor. When I went to schedule an appointment they scheduled it for a month ahead of time. The week of the appointment I was told the doctor wouldn't be there. I rescheduled and said I needed a one month refill on my prescription for birth control since I would run out. The new appointment was more than a month after the original one. To make matters worse, I received a phone call from the nurse saying they had no record of me being a patient, something I have been for a few years now. She could not have a prescription written because they have no data that I have ever been there or received any medications. This only effected the gyn department. I cancelled my appointment and made it somewhere else. I have never received call backs from questions I have called up to make either.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Al-Aouar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Baystate Medical Center/Tufts University
Dr. Rula N Al-Aouar accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMidwest Health Center Pc, 4700 Schaefer Rd, Dearborn, MI
Dr. Rula N Al-Aouar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dearborn, MI.