Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Russ L Levitan has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Acute Pain
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Cancer Pain
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Chronic Pain
- Back Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 51
I have been a patient of PMS for many years and have seen several doctors during this time. Dr. Levitan is by far the best one. The wait can sometimes be a little long but he's worth it. My only concern is that it took us a long time to find the right combo for my pain relief so that I can hold down a full time job to support my family and now they are trying to scale all the meds back to almost nothing and I'm scared what this may do to my ability to keep my job. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking real pain relief.
Dr Leviathan is Dr Jekyll now! Just wait til Mr Hyde comes out! Glad we moved away! He doesn't really care about people in general. He has facilities for his super poopers injections which he tries to do as many if not more than what is specified! As long as your insurance company is complacent, he will just LOVE you as a patient! Mr Hyde comes out when he is no longer able to get money from your insurance! Then he drops you like a stone! For the patient with the coma, It wasMr.. Hyde Android crazy Dr Jekyll that through you out! We had to move out of the area because my sister needed a REAL pain Dr for CHRONIC PAIN! Los Angeles county has many choices
Am afraid to write anything specific at this time for fear he'll recognize my style of writing, & will make good on his retaliation & "kick me out of his practice," which he is currently threatening to do if I dont go along with his "new treatment plan." I strongly believe that we patients are the EMPLOYERS of our drs &, therefore, it is WE, THE PATIENTS, who have the right to dictate what can & will be done to our own bodies. He believes just the opposite. Due to the lack of resources in SLO County, his PM practice is now currently the ONLY ONE in SLO County .... & he knows this. If he kicks a patient out ... they literally have NO PLACE TO GO FOR PM & MEDICAL CARE. A very scary place to be. He knows this, too. // He also couldnt care less about any SERIOUS personal issues/problems a patient may be experiencing. He is concerned ONLY with his own agenda.
Patients' Choice Award (2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2010, 2015, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
33 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Russ L Levitan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Russ L Levitan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Luis Obispo, CA.